Early Valentine's Gift

Friday night, when I came home after work, my husband, Jeremy surprised me with my valentine's gift! I opened it up and it was Anna Sui Cosmetics! We were at the mall 2 weeks ago at Sears and they newly renovated the cosmetics section which made us stop and checked out Anna's Sui collection. I love their packaging, so I was "woo-ing" and "ahhh-ing" how cute and lovely their packaging are. After that I just walked away, I didn't need more cosmetics than I already had. To my surprise, Jeremy picked up all the items that I put my hands on LOL :) I wanted to photograph of it when I received it, but it was late at night. I wanted to take it with natural sunlight. My kitchenette gets the most expose to sunlight, so I set it up at my table there. Here I go with the first close up packaging. This is a clever idea to have lip gloss made into a stylish necklace and convenient touch up. Why carry so much? great for going to parties and clubs... I like how the necklace chain created a leading line to the lip gloss. This helps to draw attention to it. The only thing I couldn't help control without proper studio lighting. I see my own reflection!! How cute is this? so fun to take photographs of these. It reminds me of my Small Photography Cosmetic Assignment. Where were you when I needed it?? :) This lipstick is so small that I had to do a closer shot and bend down to get the detail construction. I tried to compose this to create a sense of depth. Putting the lipstick at middle ground, lipstick cover as foreground and packaging as the background. I don't think this shot work out the way I wanted to be. The focus point is kind of lost. The below shot's composition probably works better. I like the diagonal rule. It helps to draw my eyes between the two points making the photo more dynamic. The eyes just draw attention to the beautiful detail of Anna Sui's rose icon. Then slowly draws the eyes to it's coloured background. Although the background have "bokeh" effect, but we are still able to tell that it's part of the packaging and you can still pick out the drawing of different coloured roses. More detail construction of another Anna Sui's icon, her butterfly icon. To add some colours and romantic feeling, I had set up a vase with pink flower at the background and it reflect on the mirror. I like how this turned out. Looking at it again, I think I probably should have clean up the background mess a little. :) The famous compact travel mirror. I'll be using it lots !!

Comments

Popular Posts