Wedding details for Wedding Photography

I've been thinking about my assignments lately. Thank goodness that I kept all my DIY wedding items. Below is a detail shot of the label I designed for my wedding favour box. Inside the favour box was a piece of cake that was a present to all of our guests. These shots were taken with my Canon Rebel XSi using an18-85mm lens. With this lens type, I feel that I am limited in the selection of shots that I desire to take. I've been thinking of upgrading my lens so that I can take more unique and interesting shots. For now, I've got to work with what I have. Can't wait to try other lens.
I set up the cake box in this way to try and create a romantic feeling, using the candle light on opposite ends of the shot. I've arranged the background color using program/menu to give it colors that would tie into the cake box colours. This angle of view photographed from top created symmetry. The cake box is different shape which helps to break up the similar pattern of the candle lights. This way, the cake box is the focus point.
This bouquet of flower is DIY as well. It was my Valentine's Day gift from my hubby which I converted into a wedding bouquet night before to complete one of my shot for my assignment. I was looking around for plain background, so I decided to take it against the window and on a white tablecloth. I want the full attention on the bouquet and at eye level. Although, the background is not completely plain, I like how it turned out because it tells the viewer that it's at a house, most likely, the bride's house. The background have a bokeh effect and looks overexposed. However, I think it worked out with experimenting with different lighting with the help of my flash, I was able to bring back the detail of the orange roses from light to dark detailing.

Comments

Popular Posts