Ron and Kathy's Wedding - 1st Destination Wedding

I helped photograph Jeremy's Uncle's wedding in Mayan Riviera, Mexico this past summer in 2010. Although I was not the main photographer, I think I captured the essential moments of the wedding. The wedding ceremony was located on the beach of our hotel, the Barcelo Maya. It started out as a very hot, sunny day and after the ceremony there was a moment of heavy rain. This is a nice venue shot, I tried to compose the settings off centre, to create the Rule of Thirds. Also the chairs created a repetitive patterns which made the photos interesting as well.
The processional : some quick snapshots to capture the moments.
It was nice that the bride, Kathy (right photo) took a non-traditional route, her rich deep blue wedding dress gives it a nice contrast against the bright sunny beach.
I wanted to create an action shot. Although this was a pose shot, I just love it! Everyone just seems to be having a good time!! This is Ron's and Kathy's family combined.
Of course it's always about the food right?? Whenever I travel, I take photos of all my food, especially the ones that are displayed nicely. Love this appetizer. This shot I took from top view to convey the coconut shell as the bowl that was filled with Scallops, avocados, pineapple, bell peppers, lime. Neat huh? It was so good!! Although I didn't bring along my DSLR, I think once again my g11 did a sufficient job with capturing the moment, the feeling, the atmosphere and yummy flavours. :)

Comments

Popular Posts